Thursday, December 01, 2005

A bold experiment update

The club on the left (in 17 degrees) is my one fairway wood. As you know, I've been trying to get along with just it alone. I hit the wood between 230 and 250 (with a helping wind) and since my set begins at 5 iron, which I hit 180-190 range, I have a huge yardage gap. So, I think I've come to a conclusion: I need another club. I'll probably going to pick up a PING HL 2 or 3 iron. But only if the price is right, and that means Ebay. And lots of searching. And searching. And waiting. And searching. And bidding. And searching again. And waiting.

However, I've just discovered a rather pricey piece of golf gear I'd like to get my hands on--the Sky Caddie. It's a GPS yardage guide that tells you how far you are to hazards and the front, middle and back of the green. It's $350--OUCH!--and since I'm not retired, (I am unemployed as the TV show I was working on got canceled) I don't have any disposable income. Disposable time? That I obviously have plenty of.

No comments: