Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tiger Woods must be stopped!

Over the weekend, Tiger Woods won the British Open (here seen on the 18th tee at St. Andrews enroute to a 5 stroke victory, Reuters) and I guess all the naysayers should now shutup. I was never a naysayer, though I wanted him to fail, but I assure you, my motives were noble. I wanted to see how bad things could get for him before he charged back to a dramatic comeback. Comebacks are the best thing in sports (Red Sox?) and a good one for Woods is just what I need. I'm a busy guy, my time is valuable, so when I sit down to watch some golf, I expect to be entertained. Since Bill Murray can't play in every tournament , someone, for Christ's sake has to put their foot down, and that foot is me! To that end, I have begun a campaign to force the PGA, USGA and the R&A to give strokes to the field when Woods is playing. Just think how much fun it would have been if he'd started the Open at 5+. Now that's a tournament! How else are these guys ever going to compete with him?

7 comments:

dave said...

On any given Sunday!!!

Best Buy said...

Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of wholesale golf equipment if you can't either check out my site wholesale golf equipment

Best Buy said...

Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of golf training equipment if you can't either check out my site golf training equipment

wpb-2E6E6F said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

brian said...

I've got a place just like that golf cart part

Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Tiger Woods. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

Eric Stone said...

Titanium golf drivers
Golf has come a long way since the days when golf clubs were made out of hickory wood and even a distance of 300 meters were considered a great swing. Things have changed since then, and there's a new feat everyday. Today, for that absolute shot, Titanium Golf Drivers are used these days. The titanium adds greatly to the power and swing speed of the golfer, and helps him to hit the ball higher, longer and straighter. In some golf drivers, only the face is made of titanium; however, there are quality drivers available where heel to toe, crown to soleplate, hosel to bore is made of titanium. http://www.300yards.com